Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

WHERE AM I FROM

Zechmann-1

Ron Zechmann

English 102

Leslie Jewkes

March 12, 2011


Where I am From
I am a husband and father of ten; beginning at 12:00am on March 12nd, 2011, this is a day in my life.  As I am still awake I look at the clock, it shows ; I think to myself, “WOW, I can never get to bed before ”.  At this point, before I can even think about going to bed I still have to pull and give life saving heart medication to our two year old foster child in which is administered through her G-tube, this is a daily occurrence.  After I give her medication to her I can then take my shower and get ready to go to bed.  Finally I get to lie down; the last thing I remember before dozing off is the clock reading .  Three hours later, I awake to a noise, a loud bang, like something hitting the floor. I go down stairs to see what was going on, there I see our 19 year old adopted daughter who is profoundly handicapped in our pantry throwing canned food on the floor and spilling fruit punch everywhere in the pantry. I quickly stop her destruction, cleaned up the mess, and put her back in bed.  I then go back upstairs to hear my one year old son fussing in his bed. I pick him up and place him in bed next to my wife; he snuggles in and returns to sleep very quickly. I have no qualms about getting up nightly since my wife has to deal with this throughout the day.
7:00am the alarm goes off for me to get up from my short nights rest, I have to now get the older kids up so they can get ready for school, and I have to get ready for work.  Around I drop two of the girls off at the junior high, then proceeding to take the two older girls to the high school.  The next thing on my agenda is to return home to pick up the nine year old and the 4 year old to take them to their schools.  It is now I arrive at work with a full schedule, “looks like I won’t be off until late today”, I think to myself. 
It is now quitting time, the clock reads and by this point in the day I am actually exhausted. I get in my car and start towards home; I pick up my cell phone and call my wife to let her know I am on my way.  On the other end of the line she asks, “Could you please stop at the store and pick up milk for dinner”.  I replied, “sure and I love and miss you”, I finally arrive home, it is now and dinner is almost ready; for me there isn’t any rest or relaxation after work. While waiting for dinner I give marching orders to the crew for setting the table, then my attention shifts to give my two year old and one year old sons for some love and affection.  Immediately following dinner my nine year old and I sit down to work on her homework together, we work on her spelling, her math, and her daily reading.  By all the kids have gone to bed, and now I get to sit down with my wife and relax for just a little while before starting my own homework.
 This is just a sample day of my life as being a husband and a father of ten, I love my life, and it is fantastic.  I wouldn’t trade it for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment